Haystack #46 Friday 10/26

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADK Rick

Reaction score
Avon Connecticut Avatar: #46! Haystack summit
Haystack #46 Friday 10/21

Looks like all systems are go for #46 tomorrow on Haystack. Planning to leave the Garden at 6:00 am or so under headlamp (curse these short days!). Stabilicers and cold weather gear as well. But right now it looks like a stellar day is shaping up. Anyone interested is welcome to join, looks like we are a party of 4 at the moment. I am notoriously short notice on my trips due to work/wife/weather so this is as much notice as I could give anyone.

Wish me luck!
ADK Rick

Last edited:
Great Mountain

ADKRick,
Good luck on Haystack That's a beautiful climb. I caught it ( and Basin and Saddleback) on a great day this past August, and it sounds like your day will be clear as well. Enjoy. I'll send congrats after the trip report is posted!!

Good luck, Rick, and be safe! Godspeed!! And congrats in advance!!! :D

ADK Rick said:
Looks like all systems are go for #46 tomorrow on Haystack. Planning to leave the Garden at 6:00 am or so under headlamp (curse these short days!).
Good luck! I'll be hiking from the Garden tomorrow too. But probably something easier like Porter ... and also a much later start.

Congratulations! You had a great day to finish on.

I noticed someone who had climbed Haystack wrote in the register "Ice!" yesterday.

Congratulations, Rick! Please post the Haystacks pics soon -- we had 0 views when we finished there and want to see what we missed! :D (we're going back!)