Hey Grouseking, speak to me of weather!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paradox

Reaction score
Holderness, NH, Avatar: Pine Marten on Mt Field
I used to think I knew a thing or two of weather and skywatching. However you have given us a few posts from Earl Barker's weather pages. The maps are beautiful and the number of choices is more than a bit mind blowing. Can you provide me(us) with some background on these. In particular I would like to know if there is a key to the abbreviations and which of them you find particularly useful.

Last edited:
Ha, well...I'm not a meteorologist...

If you're referring to the snow maps...I used to get a lot of help reading those....they change fairly often. The snow accumulation adds up over time on the maps and doesn't go away...so if it says we get 6 inches on hour 40 and we get no more snow thru hour 120, there will still show 6 inches on hour 120. That might be a little confusing.... For other questions...honestly, you might want to ask a meteorologist, I think there is one on here...

I don't want to put him on the spot or anything, but I'm willing to bet a bunch of money he could explain this stuff more clearly than me. :) But as for really neat links for mountain weather, or little tools that I like to use...or websites. I'm more than willing to show them. What do you want to know?

grouseking

I think Paradox meant;

"Speak to me of summer, long winters longer than time can remember,
The setting up of other roads, to travel on in old accustomed ways.
I still remember the talks by the water, the proud sons and daughters that
knew the knowledge of the land, that spoke to me in sweet accustomed ways."

Chip said:
I think Paradox meant;

"Speak to me of summer, long winters longer than time can remember,
The setting up of other roads, to travel on in old accustomed ways.
I still remember the talks by the water, the proud sons and daughters that
knew the knowledge of the land, that spoke to me in sweet accustomed ways."

hmmmm....YES..."Fragile"??? :p

nope....now that I put some thought into it...Starship Trooper, I believe... :D

Last edited: