Hiking Juneau Alaska

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhobbs

Reaction score
Anyone know of any forum boards or meetup sites for finding a hiking partner for the Juneau Alaska area? I've already posted on summitpost.

I'll be in Juneau the last week of July and I'm looking to get one hike in while I am there. Hopefully with someone that knows the area/trails.

You can't really go wrong there. If all else fails, try Mendenhall glacier and hike up the ridge, up and up and up on the right hand side. Eagle Crest ski resort has nice views. Or that big mtn right above town. I'm sure there are better trails but it's all pretty awesome. Enjoy.

We hiked Mt. Roberts when we were there. We also hiked the Chilkoot Trail, but that requires more time than you have. Juneau is a fun town to walk around in. The trailhead is right out of the main area. Juneau Mt. Roberts Trailhead.jpgJuneau Cruise Ships and Tram Car.jpg There is a tram that runs tourists up and down and you can go just one way if you are short of time. Have fun and let us know what you do.