Howe Peak

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dms

Reaction score
Last Saturday I able to do some of my favorite things all in one trip! I got to trail hike on a seldom used trail, the Shelburn Trail, I didn't see anyone else, except for Eric, the entire day. I got to bushwack, which I love to do. I got a NH 200 Highest Peak, and best of all I got to follow a trail that was abandoned nearly 60 years ago. It was amazing to find nearly a dozen old cairns on this long abandoned section of the Kendusteag Trail. All of this and a nice summit,with great views in all directions. Still a lot of snow above 2700'. We took down a register that we found on a bump which was about 120' lower, and about .3 mi west of the true summit. No bugs at all. Eric and i will return to see if we can follow the old trail down even further towards Wild River. Pics at http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/571788419QiNfXC

Cool photos; thanks for posting. I have only been there for HikerDoc's and Lyn Beattie's final wNH2HH event a few years back, when some of those old cairns were buried in snow. Really fine area.