Hydration pack for carrying snowshoes

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JR

Reaction score
I am looking for a little advice on a hydration pack...

I do a lot of backcountry sledding where I snowshoe in and sled down and am in need of a new pack (old one...gone). I am looking for a hydration pack that is low volume (storage other than liquid), light, and able to carry my snowshoes securely as I sled down (read tightly).

I have been looking at the camelbak menace and it looks like what I want. Just wanted to check in and see if anybody has used this pack or has any recommendations for a better pack for my uses.

Thanks!
Jason

Check out Osprey Switch packs. I love mine for winter, but do not use the hydration bladder, detachment pack option AT ALL.
It would be even a better pack if you did.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion, I took a look quickly online and they look like nice packs. I would probably go with the 16 in that series since I am looking for a low volume bag.

Do you have any experience with carrying snowshoes and if they are held securely with this pack?

Thanks again,
Jason

Mine is the bigger one and that holds snowshoes very well. It has "wings" on the back with 2 straps that clip over and cinch down tight. I don't know how well the smaller one would work.

Chip said:
Mine is the bigger one and that holds snowshoes very well. It has "wings" on the back with 2 straps that clip over and cinch down tight. I don't know how well the smaller one would work.
I just read that someone lost a snowshoe up around Lincoln/Lafayette last weekend.

Whatever you get, make sure that the snowshoes CAN NOT FALL OFF! Simply wrapping a strap over them does not count! Make sure there is a 'beener' involved or something else that secures them to your pack.