Hydration Sleeve Add On

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinmac

Reaction score
Anybody have any ideas or site references to make/add a hydration sleeve to the inside of a pack? One of my day packs is a Lowe Vision 40 with no interior sleeve. Side pockets are poor resulting in Nalgene popping out from time to time. There was a great thread on adding straps to the outside of packs so I was hoping one of you folks had some insight on adding an interior sleeve given the difficulty of working from the inside and without damaging the material with holes, etc.
Thanks, Kevin

Last edited:
Jime had a good suggestion with the Unbottle. Also if the hydration bladder you are going to use has holes at the top to be attach it to the inside of a hydration sleeve back pack, you can just add those toggles to your bag, A sewing store may have them. Or find some mini biners and sew them to the inside of your bag and use them as toggles.

I modified an old TNF daypack with some parachue cord sewn inside to hold the hydration bladder against the back. It works bette with the Unbottle as it has support, this was before bladder had the toggle holes.

Making the sleeve would be easy with a sewing machine, it gets complicated when you have to figure out how to attach it to the pack. A picture of the interior/exterior of the pack could give me a better idea of how you might do it.

My Lowe Alpine pack has a hydration sleeve that isn't very integrated into the pack at all and would be easily replicated if you could find a way to attach it. Think of it as a windsock sewn shut at one end, then at the other end it hangs from the top of the pack (against your back). This design allows the bottom of the sleeve to move around if there is nothing in the pack. Other packs I have have a more integrated sleeve where it is a single panel of fabric sewn onto the back-panel with only a hole at the top. The advantage to this is it can't move (although it is far more difficult to attach).