Hyperfocal Distance Cheat Sheet.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewHampshire

Reaction score
Goffstown NH, Avatar:Sending out praise for the Re
Found this the other day and thought I would share it. If you have a distance scale on your lens, or an older lens with the distance/f stop scale this should make things a bit easier to hit hyperfocal:

chart

And if you want to do the calculaitons (which are pretty easy) for a focal length not listed the formula is found here:

formula

Brian

*****EDIT*******
Ok, I am a dummy. the first link DOES have the cheat sheet for DIGITAL as well.....I would have realized this if I had simply scrolled down the page :eek: :eek: :eek:

I just realized the cheat sheet is for 35mm. This puts a kink in the system for you digital shooters. The second page with the formula on it is still usefull since they list the proper Circle-of-confusion (Sorry, another big word) constant for you. This just means you will have to do the calculations yourself and write out your own chart.

Brian

Last edited:
Well now that you understand DOF, here is a very nice calculator you can print n assemble to carry with you, plus this site offers alot of reading material so you'll be an expert in no time at all....

http://www.dofmaster.com