IME rental sale this W/E

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trainwreck

Reaction score
Just to let you know that IME is having their rental sale this WE. All the usual gear is on sale, skis, boots, axes,snowshoes, etc.
Also clothing is 50% off.
Friday thru Monday.
www.ime-usa.com
Sandy

Do tell more?

We are looking for ice axes, new (for us) snow boots etc.

What kind of "savings" and what is the quality of the equipment. I know it's not NEW...but, rentals can be pretty beat upon.

Used but usually not abused. Boots and crampons are the majority of the gear (or were last time I stopped in on the sale). IIRC, prices were roughly 50% off list on some gear.

Worth stopping by even if you dont buy. Its great for researching potential weak points on equipment. I always check out the rental snowshoes at Ragged Mtn in the spring to find out what will be breaking on this years snowshoes next winter.

Last year they tried to sell me an awful-smelling, abused pair of Koflach Degre mountaineering boots for more than my wife ended up finding a NEW pair on sale at EMS. Their reasoning was "the company [Koflach] is going out of business so you'd better get them while you can".

Worth stopping by even if you dont buy. Its great for researching potential weak points on equipment. I always check out the rental snowshoes at Ragged Mtn in the spring to find out what will be breaking on this years snowshoes next winter.

That's a good idea. I hadn't thought of that.