Interesting Finds?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nutsosa

Reaction score
I found this stick off the Garfield Ridge Trail this past weekend (click for larger):

I was poking around off the trail, and it immediately caught my eye. It looked like it had been written on at least two different occasions. I put it back where I found it since it looked like someone may be back to continue their writing . . . and while a little odd in my opinion, I thought it might be important to them.

I also found what appeared to be the remnants of an urn near the Alpine Garden.

What sort of strange and/or interesting things have other people found on (or off) the trail?

Paradox said:
Very cool: I cannot read all of it in your photographs. Did you write it down? If so what did it say?

I didn't write it down, but I think it was mostly religious writing, maybe bible verses or prayers or something. I can check the original higher resolution image I have.

Last winter I was doing a local trail here in eastern Connecticut when I came across some carved petroglyphs in a small group of boulders just off the trail
I did a little internet research when I got home and found this was a documented, but not well known Indian "Dancing Place" dating in use from the years 3200 to 900 and beyond.
The boulders are placed in such a way to mark "solar stations". Summer solstice, corn planting and harvest dates, winter solstice, and the spring and fall equinox.

Here's a shot of the largest boulder.
You may be able to make out a serpent on the left side, and a bear with quartz teeth to the right
_36_Boulder.jpg

Last edited: