is valley way tentsite open?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the starchild

Reaction score
hollerrrrrr,

a few websites say it has reopened but i cannot find anything on the AMC website about it being open, closed or even existing for that matter. it is an amc site right?

thanks y'all,

chillybillygoat

I think it is open - the sign has been there all year off the VW...I have talked with people on the trail this summer who have camped there...I think 2-3 editions ago in the WMG they mentioned they were going to close if if they could not take care of sanitation issues - I am assuming that was taken care of...

I don't know if it's officially open but I hiked by there once this past summer and it was full to the point of overflow with tents.

Yes, it's back open, has been for a few years. It was closed while they dealt with human waste issues, but the problem has been solved with the new outhouse. There are only two platforms at the site but people pitch their tents near them as well.

Yes, it's an AMC site. It's not mentioned on their backcountry campsites page, which is just an oversight I'm sure. I was just by there on Saturday, and it's signed and open for use.