isolation gps tracks

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for GPS tracks for Isolation Bushwhack. We tried last weekend after the big dump of snow and could not find foot tracks after the river. We turned around as the trail was just too deep, no consolidation at all. Where did everyone go? This is the second winter attempt for me and I need this puppy to finish. please help as I will more than likely need to do it solo as I'm running out of pals to go up with.

Sorry no GPS track, but we broke out Isolation Sunday.

From a recent post of mine:
A short ways beyond the Wilderness boundary is the height-of-land swamp. (The trail zig-zags left just as you hit it) A couple hundred yards beyond a herd path leaves the trail on the right. It hits the Isolation Trail just beyond the 2nd crossing. A second shorter bushwhack starts just before the 3rd crossing and bypasses the 3rd and 4th crossings. The last bushwhack will bear left just beyond a large blowdown patch (beyond the 5th crossing) and follows the gully to the Davis Path. Turn left here. ;)

There are numerous herdpaths beyond the fifth crossing. We attempted to block them off with sticks and branches...just for you. :D

Good Luck

Edit: This should be in NE Q&A. ;)

Last edited:
You shouldn't need a GPS track. Choose a compass bearing. It's hard to go wrong on that bushwhack!

I differ on that opinion. The issue is not how to find the summit by bushwhacking, the issue became after two of us breaking trail through thick heavy heavy snow the whole way, regradles of the prior weeks trekkers. When we got rocky branch we lost all tracks and were sinking with snowshoes to ur hips at times. If we go in now, I'm sure it's not tough as the trail will be visible, not so when we were there.

I won't be able to get there this winter, I'm asking for tracks to be able to stay on some consolidated path if I need to go in alone if it's after a snowfall like the last one. Finding the summit through the trees is no problem.

If none are available I will deal.