Jackson to Eisenhower 10/12/08

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adventurous

Reaction score
My original plan was to hike from Jefferson to Jackson…well that didn’t happen. I was tired from the Twins to Garfield hike and I was still jet lagged. I had considered just doing something short but eventually decided on Jackson to Ike. I went out for a leisurely breakfast with Dave Bear before spotting my car at Edmonds Path and heading down to Crawford. It was another gorgeous day in the Whites!!! The Webster Jackson trail was mobbed with people at 10am. I tried to stay well behind a group of college students that were so loud, I could barely hear myself think. I wasn’t moving very quickly so staying behind wasn’t a problem. There were about a dozen Gray Jays looking for handouts on the way to the summit. I have no idea how long it took me to get to the summit of Jackson - NH #39/48 and NE #94/115 but I surely didn’t stay long. There were dozens of people up there.

I quickly descended the steep rocks and began the hike across the bog bridges to the hut. I found that my legs were like molasses and didn’t really want to move so even the easy stuff was taking a long time. I made a pit stop at the hut and then began the steep rocky ascent to Pierce. Lucky for me, most people were hiking towards me instead of in the same direction. I didn’t stay long on Pierce - NH #40/48 and NE #95/115 because it was windy and cold and it appeared that the views from Ike would be much better.

The views between Pierce and Ike were spectacular. I thoroughly enjoyed the hike between the two. When I arrived at Ike - NH #41/48 and NE #96/115, I was quite hungry, cold, and ready for a break. I had the summit to myself and was able to relax for a while before I started the hike back to the car. It was a special treat to have the summit to myself and look out over the Northern Pressies without a cloud in the sky.

I was cold and needed to start moving so I began my descent. Once again, my legs didn’t want to move so the hike down was a slow one. The fall foliage was glowing under the rays of the sun. As slow as I felt I was going, I made it back to the car by 5:15pm.

What an accomplished weekend for you. Well done! Can't wait for you big finish and when we join force, your ambition and my determination, to tuckle the Maine 4000 footers, I've heard some loser did them all in like 5 days, we totally kick his ass. :D

tired? jet lagged?
damn, you still killed it!!!
congrats on a fine weekend and knocking down that damn "list" that you are working so hard on.

What an accomplished weekend for you. Well done! Can't wait for you big finish and when we join force, your ambition and my determination, to tuckle the Maine 4000 footers, I've heard some loser did them all in like 5 days, we totally kick his ass. :D

I'm totally ready to hit the Maine 4k's!!! We'll have to see if anyone else is interested in joining us on this mission :D...like Juniper :D

...tuckle the Maine 4000 footers....

...We'll have to see if anyone else is interested in joining us on this mission...
Not sure what "tuckling" is but it certainly sounds fun - and I need most of the ME stuff too, so if guys are allowed to tuckle mountains in ME with you girls count me in!

Not sure what "tuckling" is but it certainly sounds fun - and I need most of the ME stuff too, so if guys are allowed to tuckle mountains in ME with you girls count me in!

UFC, you know we have already accepted you as one of "the girls".......:p

I need those Maine peaks too....we can tuckle them together all of us..as soon as we figure out what it means????

Hui Yeng..help us out here.... what are we going to do in Maine???:eek: