Jeff Lowe's Metanoia - narrated by Jon Krakauer

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Dasypodidae

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a 5-min teaser for Jon Krakauer's new film about Jeff Lowe, one of America's greatest mountaineers, followed by an article with more information about Jeff.

In June 1972, while I was completing the 14th ascent of the Enclosure ice couloir with Rick Mulhern, Jeff Lowe and Jim Donini were completing a new route high above us on the West Face of the Grand, having climbed the Black Ice couloir earlier in the day (i.e., at night). We did not realize that they were there until we heard some yelling and then their ice ax clanking its way down the face and couloir (the ax was torn off the one pack they were hauling behind them, and was the only ax that they shared, along with an ice hammer, on the BIC, as they told us later at the Lower Saddle).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYgJbokMsyQ&feature=player_embedded

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-mountain-climber-from-Ogden-battling-MS.html

Thanks for posting this...very powerful. With all of his amazing accomplishments Jeff is one humble dude. While working outdoor retail in the early 90's I was fortunate enough to meet Jeff. I was working behind the counter and in walks our Lafuma rep with this blonde hair dude whom then reaches across the counter and shakes my hand and introduces himself as Jeff. It takes me about five secounds to register whom I'm talking to. Whoa! The best part was that he was there to show us some of the latest design work that he and Lafuma were working on and he wants my opinion. Like I know something more than some World renowned Climber whom just stepped off Makula two weeks before showing up on our doorstep. I wish Jeff the best in all off his coming challenges. This should be a great Movie.

Last edited: