Jefferson, Sam Adams, Adams, Madison 9-17

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtNap

Reaction score
Only intended on doing Adams and Madison, then when I hit the gulfside trail intersection, I decided to expand the hike drastically due to a beautiful day. Figured I'd explain such a weird trail selection.

Airline, Gulfside to Thuderstorm Junction, Bushwack over Sam Adams, Gulfside, Jefferson Loop, Gulfside again, Israel Ridge Path to Adams summit, Osgood, Valley Way

Cool brisk morning that led to a seasonably warm afternoon with minimal clouds in the distance and almost no wind whatsoever.

Once above treeline, the rime ice was present. It would be on every trail above the trees, but never a real issue. The top 2-300 feet of Adams and Jefferson were the most affected by the ice, which just meant for a little slower going, but not by too much. Aside from the ice, all the trails were in perfect conditions, aside from Israel Ridge which had a couple wet spots, but nothing major. No use for traction yet, but it won't be long until its required.

There was a lone moose hanging out by Madison Hut for at least 2 hours. Totally unphased by the weekend crowd gathered for pictures. Also, its sad to see the hut closed for the long winter season, but a beautiful day to be up above the trees.