Kudos to LEKI as well....

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainJim

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know about the excellent customer service I received from LEKI. I bent the lower section of one of my Super Makalus this past weekend when it got caught on a rock crevice as I was decending. I emailed LEKI with a nice letter including a few pics of my climb.

Even though there was no defect in materials or workmanship and they certainly didn't HAVE to do anything, they emailed me back right away (within 12 hours) and said "simply send us your mailing address and we'll send you a new pole section" NO QUESTIONS ASKED!

They didn't tell me to send them the old one, didn't ask for a sales slip, where I got them, or even how old they were! I'll do all these things anyway because that's just the way I am (I want them to know I'm a straight shooter and not bull sh*tting them), and because I work in retail and know you get a lot of scammers.

Any way I thought you all might like to know, even though you may pay a little more for LEKI (or any other top quality brand name), you get the ADDED VALUE of GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE which is something many people forget to put a pricetag on!

Keep it up LEKI
icon_2thumbsup.gif

Capt. Jim

Last edited:
That was pretty nice of them.

I had a similar experice with my bottom-of-the-line EMS poles. I bent the lower section of one in much the same way. I walked into EMS in North Conway the same day, intending to pay to have them replace the bent section. Instead, one of the nice folks inside exchanged them for a brand new pair, free of charge. I was pretty impressed.