Little River headwaters

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattl

Reaction score
I always been very interested in the upper portions of the Little River. After the North Twin Trail leaves the Little River, it is trailless all the way to it's headwaters, for what looks like 3+ miles. From what I can tell, it is the largest stream/river without a trail in the Whites or NH. I think I read some articles about logging camps up in there and such. At its headwaters, it looks like talus slopes come down to it and may have some good openings of the ravines in there. Anyone been up the entire thing? Any waterfalls or nice parts of it. Sounds like an adventure ;)

-Mattl

I think I read some articles about logging camps up in there and such. Anyone been up the entire thing? Any waterfalls or nice parts of it.
I've been all the way up to the col twice on winter ascents of Zealand, the old RR extends quite aways farther. In winter the woods seem fairly open but old logging camps and waterfalls are hidden.