Logging Road Ascent of Mt Redington - 08-01-2010

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good report.

Where was the cairn (1/2 way up?) that many have mentioned?

Good report.

Where was the cairn (1/2 way up?) that many have mentioned?

I don't recall any cairn specifically (but that doesn't mean there wasn't one). What I noticed more were the bits of flagging at each major decision point.

In 2008, there were a couple of cairns on the road that turns 90° right off the valley loop road and goes straight up the slope. The correct cairn to turn at was:

There was also a rock painted "TOWE" at a further junction:

Didn't take any photos, but when Tim Lucia, I and others were there this Summer (3rd week in July), we descended via the logging road and saw Cairns at all turns and even a few along the logging road. Maybe Tim snapped a few photos of them?

In 2008, there were a couple of cairns on the road that turns 90° right off the valley loop road and goes straight up the slope. The correct cairn to turn at was:

There was also a rock painted "TOWE" at a further junction:

Ah... yes, I remember the cairn in the first picture (Actually, I even have a picture of it in my trip report here - stupid me). However, one minor correction: this cairn is not encountered along the loop road in the valley bottom, but rather up a ways along the road that climbs the broad south-eastern ridge of Redington/SouthCrocker.