Looking for a great down jacket on sale?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasonst

Reaction score
I just noticed that Altrec.com is having a great sale on Mountain Hardwear down jackets (NF too.) The Sub zero SL has the waterproof / breatheable coating and is an excellent below zero jacket. It seems like these rarely go on sale.

I bought the Stormlight hooded jactket about 3 years ago from HudsonTrail's end of year clearance $119.00. Very lucky to get it for that. I think retail at that time was $270.00.

Great jacket and I love the hood. Weatherproofness is topnotch. Alittle heavier than the NF but the northface weight is w/o hood and they dont have the conduit fabric.

Compresses excellent.

sli74 said:
Lahout's in Lincoln, NH had the Mountain Harwear Sub Zero WITH the hood on sale for $141 . . . it is a GREAT jacket and keeps me very warm !!!!

sli74

Yeah, that's the hit or miss type of stuff. I have lucked out there a few times in the past but it's usually after a hike, since I don't live near there. This is the time of the year for the bargains.

Lahout's North Face Summit shop has some great bargains off season. We got MH Phantoms there for $135(list 210) and my wife worked another 10% because we bought 2(and I spend $$$ when I go in :D )
Last time I went there and asked about off season gear,the guy chuckled at me"nothin since last time you were here!"

"My name is Dan...and I'm a gear junkie." :rolleyes:

Golite 6 Mos

I needed a really warm jacket last winter during that frigid streak (oh ya that was all of last winter!) but i didn't have a lot of bucks & needed it quick. I found this women's golite 6 mos on northernmountian.com for $59. they actually still have a couple smalls. but let me tell you that jacket is so frellin warm i can't believe it. it's longer too so it keeps your butt warm, has an insulated hood and all the other features you need. plus it's incredibly lite. i always pack it in a stow sack and stick in my backpack during winter hikes now. it's one of my best buys and bargains for the money and the use i've gotten out of it. if you want something that gives you a high ratio of value in use and warmth to cost this is def a jacket i'd recommend. (like i said tho i think there's only women's smalls left - and the pictures dont' do it justice at all)

oh it's only $49 on sale: (reg $199)

http://www.northernmountain.com/NMSMain.asp?Option=Detail&ID=WGOLITESixMonthNightParka02&Dept=CW&Cat=CW4&SubCat='CW41'&ClearLast=Yes'

and i still don't get the "am i drunk" thingy

Last edited:
shadowcat said:
I needed a really warm jacket last winter during that frigid streak (oh ya that was all of last winter!) but i didn't have a lot of bucks & needed it quick. I found this women's golite 6 mos on northernmountian.com for $59. they actually still have a couple smalls. but let me tell you that jacket is so frellin warm i can't believe it. it's longer too so it keeps your butt warm, has an insulated hood and all the other features you need. plus it's incredibly lite. i always pack it in a stow sack and stick in my backpack during winter hikes now. it's one of my best buys and bargains for the money and the use i've gotten out of it. if you want something that gives you a high ratio of value in use and warmth to cost this is def a jacket i'd recommend. (like i said tho i think there's only women's smalls left - and the pictures dont' do it justice at all)

Wow - does STP know that you have strayed? :D

shadowcat said:

???? Shadow.....Are you drinking today?

Drive to Freeport and hit the NF Outlet...

I purchased my North Face Summit jacket with hood, dryloft and 700 fill for $125.00 they often have the Nuptse jackest on sale for $69.00. If you get on their e-mail list they will send you notification of sales and usually an electronic coupon for an additional 5-10% off sale prices. Freeport, ME is about an hour and twenty minutes from Portsmouth... Worth the trip!

Kaibar

huh?

"am i drinking today?" i don't get it
but i am on some pretty good drugs!
actually i am at work
did i like miss the whole pint i mean point of this??????? :D

Adackr and I have 700 (or 750??) fill down jackets from LLBean. They were our favorite gifts this winter. They don't have a hood, but the pockets are fleece lined, the collar is protective and so far the wind hasn't been an issue. We wear them all the time. I think mine was @69.00 and my husbands was 79.00 b/c he got the men's tall.

ems glacier sweater=79.00 down to 29.98

eastern mountain sports just clearanced a bunch of good stuff check them out