Looking for WMNF Gift Suggestions

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raven

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a gift for two friends who are getting married soon and have really grown together in the Whites. I'd like to get them something special that is intimately linked to the White Mountains.

I have considered the enlarged photo of favorite mountain (I like the no frame canvas ones myself), but was wondering what ideas people may have to share.

I'm open to suggestions and looking for a gift in the $75 to $125 range maybe.

Thanks for any ideas you might have.

Not sure how much the replica cairns are that Steve Smith carries at The Mountain Wanderer .... I think the really identifiable ones can make a nice gift if the particular summit is special in some way. I personally would covet gift cards to EMS, REI, IME, et al, but you're probably looking for something a bit more thoughtful and special.

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a gift for two friends who are getting married soon and have really grown together in the Whites. I'd like to get them something special that is intimately linked to the White Mountains.

I have considered the enlarged photo of favorite mountain (I like the no frame canvas ones myself), but was wondering what ideas people may have to share.

I think you're on the right track. Just try to keep their sense of design in mind and get something that goes with the rest of their decor. It would be more personalized if you went out and took the photo yourself. :)

Something that I've always wanted to try: http://www.franconiasoaring.org/glider-rides.php

Not sure how much the replica cairns are that Steve Smith carries at The Mountain Wanderer .... I think the really identifiable ones can make a nice gift if the particular summit is special in some way.
Exactly what I would have suggested, though I cannot find them on his web site. Also some of the posters he has are special, I have a very nicely framed (post-purchase) panorama of the Northern Presidentials. He also (as my ageing memory seems to recollect) has a great Tuckerman's Ravine with skiers poster. Also lots of great maps; I have a nicely framed (again, post-purchase) Raven Map of NH/VT.

Hi Scott,

These are all excellent suggestions. I would toss in a 6-pack of the 4000 footer IPA from The Woodstock in Brewery. Just a little "stocking stuffer" type addition to put a bow on whatever it is you end up going with.

Just a thought...

Z :D

Thanks everyone - there are some really good suggestions here!

Food for thought.

Hi everyone,

Not sure this guy is still doing this, but check this out

http://zcases.homestead.com/photo1.html

And note our very own Timmus is the artist!

The Mt. Washington Obs store in North Conway has some nice gift items. Alot of cool weather stuff, like Barometer combo's that are cool to look at it and have usefull daily info. I have a brass Barometer, that also has a Humidity dial and a pressure dial.

I have a really nice desktop photo frame that has a small replica summit marker in a corner of the frame, thus combining two of the gift ideas mentioned above; for the life of me, however, I don't recall where it came from. If I do, I'll update this post.

It is *not* one of these; however, they do look decent.