Lost camera on Shepard's Tooth (MacIntyres)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALGonquin Bob

Reaction score
Lost on Shepard’s Tooth (below Iroquois Peak- MacIntyre Range, ADKs)
Pentax digital camera (waterproof!) in a small (3”x5”) black and gray “Lowe-Pro” case.

On October 24, 2004, I lost my camera somewhere on the herd path that descends from Shepard’s Tooth into Cold Brook Pass. It’s somewhere between the Tooth’s summit and the last cliff before you reach the bottom.

It’s waterproof, so if it’s ever found, it should still work, and all of the spectacular pictures that I took on Algonquin, Iroquois, and the Tooth will still be there. Of course, I didn’t have my name anywhere on the camera or case.

Reward to the hiker who can find this “needle in a haystack”!

Alpine beat me to the thread. I was willing to sacrifice a day of my life to go and hike. It would have involved some explaining, but since I would be trying to help a friend...Alpine, if you don't go, post here and I will try to make it there sunday.

I'd love to join the ''FIND ALG'S CAMERA'' mission except I've still got a Hallowe'en aged kid. You'll need more than one pair of eyes in that thicket.

If anybody makes it back up to Shepard's Tooth, and is willing to join the search, here are a couple pictures of the same type of camera case that I lost. I'll go back up there next summer to look, if it doesn't turn up by then. Thanks to all for your effort. -ALG

I'm going to go and try to find the camera on sunday. I'll probably camp out on south meadows road on saturday night. It's a great excuse to finally go to the shepards tooth. Anyone want to go?

For some time we've have successfully resisted setting up a lost and found board or having one of the forums turn into a lost and found. There are other boards this is acceptable. As it is, its a struggle to keep the Trail Conditions from turning into that.
This is not intended as a criticism of any of the intentions of this post, but today we've had one on a lost camera and another on lost raingear. Could we please ask that the VFTT forums be kept to their original purpose?

Thanks for your undestanding.

Recovery attempt

Hillman1 and I made an attempt to hike this route again on Halloween. We turned back on Algonquin's summit because of high wind. Since the camera is totally waterproof, it will still be there waiting for me next year; cold won't hurt it. I'll try again, maybe in May. Although I didn't F.... ummmm, LOCATE my missing item, I didn't L... ahhhh, DROP anything else on the trail this time.

Please P.M. me for any additional information or discussion regarding this unintentionally hot topic. Thanks, Bob (ALG)

I lost my mind up there--I think the wind blew what was left of it right out my ears. That was some serious wind. We saw a girl heading solo up for Wright when we were coming down, we later saw her in the parking lot, she said she didn't attempt to summit due to the wind up there.