Lost keys in the Santanonis

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

porky

Reaction score
Catskills, Avatar: Porky & Pogo on Earth Day
If anyone comes across a set of keys, including a car clicker and a Chevy truck key, on the herd path to Times Square in the Santanoni Range, please contact me through this website or at: <[email protected]>. As for how they came to be there, Danielle and I tried without success to climb Santanoni. Although there is a very rough herd path heading across the ridge from the area of Times Square, we were unable to summit because searching out the correct path from the plethora of false starts and loopy meanderings consumed most of our available energy and daylight:( Maybe we'll get it next time....

Porky were you the group of two we ran into on the ridge to Santanoni and you thought the trail was dropping off the mtn and turned around? We were the group of three you ran into twice. I found a nutrigran bar and what looked like a rechargabe battery for a camera in a ziplock bag that's it, no keys I'm sorry to say. Hope you find them. If you pm me I'll mail you the rechargable battery with your address of course:D I'm also sorry to say but that trail you were on was the trail to Santanoni and it started to go back up shortly after the drop off. Good luck, it was nice meeting you.

PORKY what time did you guys get out of the woods? We were back at our cars around 630pm and went down the other side of Santanoni. I could not imagine going back through that thick stuff back to times square. You guys must have gotten out late? I was one of the guys with Dean :D

Sorry no keys.

Dean,
Thanks for rescuing the battery, and for cleaning up my inadvertent litter. I appreciate that. The evil spruce cleverly opened one of my side pockets some time during our battle with Santanoni. I'm just lucky that it didn't get my jugular vein.
Hope you enjoyed the Nutrigrain bar
Adam,
Danielle and I bailed early, reached the parking area at 5:00PM and got back to Binghamton at 10:00, weary and beaten. We'll be back again, though. It's good to be in the mountains, even without a summit to show for the effort...

Status
Not open for further replies.