Madison and Adams (24May09)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
Trail Conditions: Valley Way was in great shape with just one “large” blowdown about ½ way up. No snow to speak of. Above treeline was also virtually snow free. Went down the Isreal Ridge Trail from Edmands Col which was also pretty much snow free (2 large blowdowns, one at 3800’ and the other at 3100’). Water crossings were no problem and neither were the bugs. The weather on the other hand was a different story…

BTW, Rt 2 shoulder was in good shape with occasional empty 12 packs, dirty diapers, and shredded tires for the 5 miles I did waiting for my ride to pick me up...

Special Equipment Required: Wore trail runners with no gaiters, and it didn’t even matter since there was horizontal rain above treeline. I stayed dry to about Adams summit then the Gortex began to give in. Was completely soaked by Edmands Col. Maybe a wet suit would have been suffice, though it would be a bitch hiking in flippers…

Comments: Was planning on a Traverse but the weather just didn’t cooperate. I was going to stop by the Mizpah hut to see the newlyweds (you guys have a ways to go to lose that title), and many other friends. Hope you guys had a fun weekend! :)