Maine Crockers and Abraham 1/1 and 1/2

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajtiv

Reaction score
Short notice but I am hiking the Crockers tomorow from CVR and possibly Abraham from FWT on Friday just in case anyone is in the area and wants to hike

Please let me know how Abraham and Spaulding are? I need them and sugarloaf as well.

A group of us did the whole 6-pack around the CVR this weekend (Crockers/Redington and Sugarloaf-Spaulding-Abraham). Before the Saturday night snow, conditions were hard, icy, and fast. Rapid Stream Road to the FWT for Abraham was plowed (but very icy, high clearance and 4WD recommended in spots) all the way to the washed-out bridges 1/2 mile form the trailhead as they are logging in there right now. Crampons REQUIRED for the upper part of the FWT to Abe, snowshoes and light traction were fine for everything else (including the Abe Spur from the AT). Jeff and Karine were in there a couple days before us and posted conditions on NETC, we experienced the same conditions they had.