Maine's Bold Coast

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Seaver

Reaction score
Half_Moon_Wakeup_at_Camp_2.jpg

Half-Moon Wakeup Call at Fairy Head - Cutler, Maine

Just wanted to share some images from a recent trip to Maine's "Bold Coast" area, near the small town of Cutler. There is a roughly 10 mile loop trail in the Cutler Preserve which features about 5 miles of undeveloped coastline hiking, with 3 campsites at the far end of the loop at Fairy Head.

There was still some snow on the inland section of the trail ( about a week ago during the sunny and calm period we had), but the coastal section was dry and very pleasant. I did the loop as a trail run first, then went and camped out the next day. Very few people! Not far north of the Cutler Preserve, more hiking and views can be had at West Quoddy State Park, with it's immaculate lighthouse and small network of trails. Definitely worth the drive!

Last edited:
Wow Tim,

These photos are fantastic! This area has been high on my list for some time, and your photos both put me there, and make me yurn to go there even more! Excellent!!!

Ghost on the Coast is a favorite!

Those are absolutely gorgeous. I am amazing at the quality and texture that you have displayed!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!!

Holy cow...almost looks like CGI from the movies!

Hey Tim,

SHHHHHHHHHH!

Anything North of Acadia is reserved for 'Mainers'!

;)

It is a beautiful area, and seriously, not very many people venture past Acadia on the coast, so it is relatively quiet, which makes the drive even more worth it.

As always, your photos capture the beauty and splendor of the great outdoors.

Thank you for sharing them.

Tim,
Your pictures are breathtaking especially Cutler Cove at Night. We were in Lubec/Quoddy Head area several years ago and can attest that it is a unique area of Maine with a charm all its own.

Beautiful pictues!The only thing nicer than watching the sun come up over Grand Manan in watching the sun set behind Cutler from GM!!

Beautiful photos! Awhile back, I hiked on some loop trails around the Quoddy lighthouse, which were nice trails. But, the Bold Coast looks like a wonderful, quiet hiking area. I also love the Great Wass Island loop - another great area!:)

Tim..your pictures are just beautiful!!!
Can't wait to get back to the coast of Maine.
Thanks for sharing.:)

Reactions: arm