Marshall

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlhoward

Reaction score
Anyone know if Marshall has been climbed lately?
It's been awhile since I've climbed it.
1) Via Herbert Brook, what does one look for?
2) From the col b/n Marshall and Iroquois, where is the jumping-off point? (Is that plane-wrek visible in winter?)
Other thoughts? Tips?

Thanks.

Carl, #4250w

A bunch of us did it on 2/16 for my winter finish, but that was quite a long time ago, relatively. Finding the herdpath is fairly easy as it was flagged for the first 100ft and it's right by the Herbert Brook leanto so if you are not walking across flowed lands you will cross a bridge over the HB, the herdpath is just beyond that bridge on your left. If from the leanto, go out to the trail, make a left and walk like 10ft or so and the herdpath will be on the right, this time before the bridge. I highly recommend the route up and over the false summit bump if you want some spectacular views back towards Iroquois and Colden. Amazing! Otherwise, the usual herdpath goes more towards the col between Marshall and Iro. before cutting up to the true summit.

Jay

I'm headed up Marshall on Saturday, hopefully, from Upper Works/Herbert Brook. Just so you know....

I'm aware of at least two people having attempted it on Saturday 2/28. I don't know if they summitted, but they were up there.