Middle and South Carter Sat. 1/7

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildPeaks

Reaction score
We are heading up this Sat. Always an enjoyable time! We'll probably go up the Imp Tr. & down Nineteen Mile Brook Tr. So feel free to join us.
Hey, at least this time I gave more than a 12 hour notice! :)

I'll join you and will recommend up 19 & out Imp. I'll show you the shortcut back to the 19 parking lot.

What time?

Hey Magic,

Nothing is set in stone yet, so any imput is always welcome.
My reason for the N to S version was only to keep Carter Dome as an option. If we're all doing great, why not!

When you posted this I immediately thought of adding Carter Dome. It is perfectly fine by me. As is adding Mt Hight too!

Dont forget Mt Hight. People suggested that to me this summer when I was going through there and Hight had the best views on the trips and imho the best views I have seen in the Whites outside of the Bonds...

I would love to Wild Peaks, but I am going to be wearing my cold weather gear at Foxboro for the Pats game that night.

Love to go on any future trips.

I am interested in joining the group as my plans have changed. Is this an up and out hike or is it an overnight? I am game for one if there is more hiking to be done.

Can I get the details? I have never been up this mountain and am not sure of what to expect/bring. Trailhead? Time? Thanks.

Hi Lawn Sale,

Glad to have you!

We haven't finalized everthing yet, but it looks like an 8:00 start. Parking at the 19 Mi. Brook trailhead parking lot on rt. 16. It's N. of Pinkham Notch. on the R. heading N.
We are planning to do a short bushwhack to the S. Imp Tr. - to N. Carter Tr. - to Carter-Moriah Tr. - over M. & S. Carters. If we are doing good we'll continue onto Carter Dome then down and out the 19 Mi. Br. Tr. Back to the cars.
I'll let you know if there are any changes to that.
Bring the usual winter gear, expect some exposure, especially if we do Carter Dome. Plenty of food & water. A headlamp as the days are short. I'll probably bring ski poles & crampons. We were on Moriah last Sat. & didn't need the snowshoes or ice axe at all. You can bring them to the trailhead & see what others are taking.
It's 10.8 mi. rt. Add a couple more if we do Carter Dome.
This is not an over night. Just a dayhike. But you will get a good workout with all types of terrain.
You can send me a PM or Email if you have any other concerns or questions.

If I get my car back from the shop today I would love to join all of you for this one. I'll need to get to bed early too, but the sunny forecast tomorrow is motivation enough for that. Hope to see all of you tomorrow at 8AM :cool: