Middle Tripyramid Via Sabbady Falls Trail September 8, 2015

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BISCUT

Reaction score
I was able to get an early start, leaving Sabbady Falls Picnic area at 6AM. It was pretty overcast and still a little dark on the trail. Wasn't as warm as I thought it would be but it was pretty yucky in the humidity department. I spent a little while at the falls as it has been years since I saw them last. Stream crossings were remarkably easy due to the low volume of water. I remember having to bushwack around some crossings last time I was here. Sabbady may be nearly 5 miles to get to where you need to be but 4 miles or so are pretty tame. If it weren't for the last 3/4 mile or so and climbing the little slide patches it would be on the boring side. Hitting the junction with Pine Bend/Tripyramid Trail and hitting the last .3 mile to Middle Tripyramid was anticlimactic. I spend about 20 minutes on the summit. Views are pretty good considering the wooded summit and some overgrowth obstructing the views.

By the time I left the summit the sun had burnt off some of the clouds and the haze was depleting. It got warmer but less humid which was a relief. On the return trip downclimbing the slides was fun but will creak your knees a bit:D The next 4 miles just seemed to neeeeeeevvvvvvveeeeerrrrr ending. It was hot. I'm dying foe the crisp cold of the fall. Round trip with some time at the falls and on the summit was a little under 7hrs.