Monadnock conditions?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone been up Monadnock in the last week? I'm wondering how much ice/snow is left.

Thanks
Pat T
There's been a few threads about this so you can do a search for more info. A few inches left. Occasional drift but not worth taking snowshoes. Microspikes useful.

-Dr. Wu

I was there yesterday. There is still a foot or two in the woods in the sheltered areas. We hiked portions of Parker, Lost Farm, Cliff Walk, Ampitheather, Arrow, Smith Connector, Red Spot, Cascade Link and Dot. We barebooted all the way up. Snow covered trails were firm early and with the exception of a few ice flow areas, which had enough exposed rock to get through safely, travel was pretty good. I talked with some folks who were on Cart Path, Mossy Brook, Marian and Marlboro early and they said conditions there were barebootable also. There was a lot of 1-2 ft postholes on some of the trails so when the snow softens postholing will be an issue. Coming down sun exposed areas turned to mashed potatoes and was very slippery. We used microspikes for most of the trip down Red Spot. Dot was void of snow and not very muddy to Falcon Spring and upper section beyond Paradise Valley had very little snow. I suspect the rest of Dot is also pretty clear. Cross expect similar to Dot with more water running down the trail.