Montreal Gathering 10-06

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
Calling all Montreal VFTTrs!!

You know who you are but that dosn't mean you know who all the other Montrealers are, right?

Well, whaddya say we all get together on Thursday, October 6th?

Venue, (as thoughtfully chosen by Jean): Boul Noir (this is not a typo)... 551 Mont-Royal east, Montreal. This is a mellow pool hall above a Jean Coutu right next to a Metro Station.

If you don't think you can come because you have an appointment with your palm reader then cancel that appointment, dammit.

RSVP right here.

P.S. Out of town VFTTrs are welcome as long as they don't disgrace themselves. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
montreal gathering

that date should be ok for me also... (I know of somebody from just outside montreal I would like to see there....)

I only have a single question to ask: What kind of beer to they serve there?

No Guinness, No Fishy!

Kidding! (kinda). That date looks good for me as well.

Fish

Edit: What time are we meeting at?! I'm in the West Island and finish work at 5:30. Could be there for 6:30 - 6:45'ish, depending on traffic.

Last edited:
Just saw the thread. OK, I'll be there, even if I won't be able to stay very long.

"Aimes-tu la vie comme moi?
Vois-tu la vie comme ça?
Oh-oh
Dis-le moi"

- Boule Noire

I have a problem.

My parents are flying in to Montreal Thursday evening to celebrate Thanksgiving weekend. As a result,I'm going to have to miss the Montreal gathering. :(
I feel kind of dumb bailing out on an event that I helped initiate but there's not much I can do about it. Have fun everybody.

Nullité. Vous les gars doivent tenir un autre rassemblement un jour sur un weekend un jour. J'aimerais lever à Montréal et le vérifie hors. Je n'ai jamais été là-bas.

Alors nous devrions organiser une expedition au grand Nord Quebecois avec nos amis Americains. Les Americains se raillent parfois comment l'Adirondacks sont succédés de Quebecois (en raison de la proximité c'est plus proche de Montreal que la majorite des grande villes Americaines), il s'agit d'avoir une rencontre au Quebec... avec des bières dans un bar a Montreal après. Une rendonée au laurentides peut-être?

My english translation:

So we should organize an expedition to the great white north of Quebec with our American friends who want to come. Americans sometimes mock how the Adirondacks are taken over by Quebecois (because of the proximity it's closer to Montreal than most of the large american cities), we should just have a gathering in Quebec... with beers in a Montreal bar after. A hike in the Laurentides maybe?

Hmm, the Laurentides aren't that bad of a range of mountains...although Charlevoix is much nicer (although farther). For the truly dedicated explorer...the Monts-Valins would be awesome from what I hear, but they're right next to Lac St-Jean. I'd be a lot of fun to show some Americans around our great province.

As a matter of fact, I can't go down to the ADK this weekend and wanted to head in Qc somewhere...any Montrealers interested? I was thinking Mt. Tremblant, perhaps going up a double-diamond ski slope or something. Should be good mountaineering training (no need to rope up this time of the year) :D

Fish

What a great idea hockeycrew! I'm putting you in charge. :D If need be I could billet a few out of towners. I have hiked two or three times in the area around Labelle and L'Annonciation. No great shakes as far as views are concerned (there are some viewpoints) but a wonderful feeling of remoteness.

Gotta give it a French name: Le Rassemblement Quebecois Un.

you're better off going to orford. at least it feels like a mountain even though it's smaller than tremblant.
that and the fact that it's not infested with yuppies and other nouveau-riche types who think the laurentians are canada's version of aspen

Build it, and they will come

If you guys plan it, I'd definitely love to go! I'm very anxious to explore Canada. :D

crap...

Once again, i wont be able to make it thursday... very sorry to all

Recap

Here is a recap on the Montreal VFTT Gathering :

Five people are coming (according to this thread)
No specific time was decided (7PM ?)
We wear headlamps (so we can all look stupid)
It is tomorrow (unless it is cancelled for all the reasons above)

Please re-confirm.