Moonlight Hike

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stash

Reaction score
The weather in the Northeast should cooperate for a headlamp-free hike tonight. Even just a local one in my case.

Wolf Moon

Tonight it will be about 14 percent wider and 30 percent brighter than lesser full Moons of the year, according to Spaceweather.com.

We'll be chilly tonight in Maine but there will be no worries about the cold sapping battery life! :D

I truely miss strapping on snowshoes and taking a moonlight hike thru the forest.

I noticed the intense moonlight last night -- it lit up everything like a floodlamp.

(Too bad it was so freakin' windy and cold here; otherwise, a sunrise hike this morning could have been in order.)

Four of us hiked a section of the Eastern States Trail in Scarborough, Maine, Friday night. Usually a hike like this would have drawn a lot of people, but the cold and wind kept the less hardy away. Afterwards, pizza and brew warmed us 'till the rock band started playing and we went to our respective homes. The moonlight was brilliant, the wind less noticeable in the wooded section.