Moosilauke Adventure with Adventurous 11-21-09

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Bear

Reaction score
Brookline, NH Avatar:Ice Cave on Cascade Brook
Its been over a month since I did any serious hiking so when Adventurous invited me to hike Moose I had reservations about how well I could keep up. She planned on a mid-morning start so I figured I would get ahead on the steep climbing. It was so easy to get lulled into daydreaming along the cascades that soon my edge was gone. Just as well, its certainly a trail worth sharing. Though there are steep sections the architecture of the stairs and handrails is pleasing and the cascades seem endless.

Our plan was to climb by Beaver Brook Trail and exit by Glencliff where we planned to catch a ride from Nif. She was well ahead of us on her descent but still generously obliged the ride we needed back. Blue looked so handy on the way by we detoured there and were surprised to see friends were last signed on the log. Kim noted the weather as overcast, which it was, but when we broke treeline we had wind gusts and clearing.

The summit cone was encrusted with rime ice everywhere and the skies opened to brilliant blue. There were undercast clouds to the East and other higher clouds moving playfully across the top in the gusts. Hikes to the Moose are always memorable but this one ranks pretty high for being so beautiful from trailhead to trailhead. Thanks Kim for the invite and wonderful company, thanks Jen for hanging in for us ( I am way slow lately), and thanks to those who maintain the sweet trails!

Some pics: Sorry, I had an album on Webshots which I already viewed and now its gone! Shall try again. Sigh! Its back! http://good-times.webshots.com/slideshow/575650209cqMHYz

Last edited:
Last edited: