Moosilauke with Thor 7-24-11

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Bear

Reaction score
Brookline, NH Avatar:Ice Cave on Cascade Brook
Most folks that know me are sure to agree that I am more fond of colder weather and so is my hiking partner Thor! I have two vacations per year and the winter one is from Christmas til New Years, this suits me fine but ticks others off! The summer one is ordained by the good folks I work for so I make the best of it. This year we rented a cabin in Warren and throughout the week I pleaded for at least a rainy day to get temps that were "bearable". We were near Moosilauke and after breaking camp on the last hours of the vacation I decided to hike it with Thor in between swims in a nice cool pool along Route 118.

Thor reluctantly joined me in the swimming hole but would hit the mud as soon as we got on the trail. Gorge Brook was a comfortable climb with decent shade and a slight breeze. We saw very few people out but had a great time. Thor was delighted to meet three ladies at the summit. One short hair Collie and two Chinook sisters. I also made friends and got to see a familiar face when Steve showed up maintaining Glencliff. We all hiked out together and it was a nice finale to our summer vacation.

Here are some pictures from the day: http://good-times.webshots.com/slideshow/580608593EHKncF

Great pics Dave!

Thor is knocking those peaks off and I know as soon as cooler weather arrives you'll be out getting it done! :D

He is as social as you!!! LOve it! ;)

Sabrina, she had talked about doing Hancocks and Carrigain midweek so she would only have Washington left. Good thing she did not push for it because I would have been searching for swimming holes all over both of those hikes with that heat!;) Swim, Hike, Swim, Hike....:rolleyes:

Sabrina, she had talked about doing Hancocks and Carrigain midweek so she would only have Washington left. Good thing she did not push for it because I would have been searching for swimming holes all over both of those hikes with that heat!;) Swim, Hike, Swim, Hike....:rolleyes:

When is the big finish??
Late summer weather can't come soon enough!