Mount Jim

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tobit

Reaction score
When Gywnna, DiamondRidge, and I hiked Moosilauke to celebrate Cumulus' 48th, we went up the Asquam Ridge Trail across Mount Jim, and then camped at the Beaver Brook Shelter. When we were on the top of Mt. Jim, I was looking around but couldn't find the summit marker. However, we didn't spend a lot of time searching as we got a late start and wanted to setup camp before dark.

I'd like to go back this Spring to tag Mt. Jim for the Trailwrights list. Does anyone know how the true summit of Mt. Jim is marked and/or have GPS coordinates for it? Thanks.

I agree with ME that the physical highest point is just off the trail

However this is also true of many 4k peaks such as Willey and South Carter and people who walk by those peaks staying on the trail count them, so it would not be unreasonable to say you had already been to Mt Jim

Add West Tecumseh to that list :)

I counted it for years (a former NE HH) before realizing that I had not reached the (rather obvious, in retrospect) highest point, again a very few feet off the trail.

so it would not be unreasonable to say you had already been to Mt Jim
Yeah, but I have to go back anyway as I am using the previous trip to count Moosilauke. I have to go back three more times to tag Jim, Blue, and South Moosilauke. :rolleyes: Thanks Roy!

It is all about personal choice. If you think a small spot of rock or dirt that is maybe 2 feet higher and less than 20 yards off trail and you want to count it then I doubt many here will complaine. I sure won't.

Brian

P.S. Maybe you should work on breaking the 1/4 way mark in your 4K list before worrying about Trailwrights. ;):p:D

P.S. Maybe you should work on breaking the 1/4 way mark in your 4K list before worrying about Trailwrights. ;):p:D
Well, neither list are any that I will be finishing anytime soon. My main reason for wanting to go back to do them this spring is the fact that I've already done it once so I know what to expect and I know my fat out of shape ass can do it. :rolleyes: :D