Mount Liberty - Liberty Springs Trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

islandside

Reaction score
Wednesday October 8th 2008

Dry leaves - wet laves Some, but very little mud. No blow downs, and a well maintained trail.

Short pants, sunglasses and hat. Windbreaker, fleece, hiking poles and good boots

We chose this day because the weather was perfect and being a mid week day we knew we would have a day with out to many leaf peepers on the roads.

We started out from the trailhead at about 8:30. Temps were in the low 40º's and we started off at a good pace. I was in my long pants and Sandi wore shorts. I soon switched over to shorts too as we warmed up.

Nothing too remarkable about this long walk in the woods until we were at the Liberty Springs campsite. The only thing we noticed was the word "relentless" describing the trail up the West side of this mountain really summed it up!

Finally we reached the ridge line and the Franconia Ridge trail and headed south to our destination, Mount Liberty.

We saw a few folks sitting on the outcropping right below the summit, but we did have the summit all to ourselves for almost an hour before we started our decent.

A great day in the Whites! Here is a video...
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=70Vfq_MwfVs

Greg