MSR Drinking Tube Defects

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonrock

Reaction score
I have one of the MSR Cloudliner series hydration bags.

For the second time in memory, the thin, flexible liner of the drinking tube has "herniated", i.e., internally crumpled and clogged the tube. This happened right outside where it was factory-press-fitted over the hard plastic connector built into the base of the bag. I tried cutting off the 1-inch tubing section that was affected, but now the cut end of the inner lining is too flexible to force-fit back over the connector.

I suspect that any replacement tube works only if it has a screw-on fitting - in other words, not compatible with this design. Too bad; this was a good hydration bag while it lasted. At least (I think) it was a gift.

Anybody have relevant experience ?

MR

Are you putting very hot water in (for winter use)?

If not, I would definetly email them and ask if they will replace the entire thing.

This has happened to the tube on my platypus bladder. I ended up having to trim the tube down several times.

I didn't like the zip lock design of the bladder, since it would occasionally pop open and all the contents would spill all over the place. So I'm hoping I'll have better luck this spring using a Camelbak bladder.