Mt. Kearsarge night hike 10/1

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaiagirl

Reaction score
Ok, granted a poem IS an unusual trip report, but it sort of just emerged as I was out there, so here goes (Oh, and it's perfectly ok if you think it's horrible, but if you decide you need to tell me that, just try to be nice about it, OK? :D):

Burnished copper planet glowing steadily
from far away in a pool of inky black vastness.
Swirling, wind-whipped leaves crinkling in the quiet
of the all-encompassing nighttime.
Feeling small and afraid and alone,
I breathe deep the night air, lift my right boot,
and push ahead.

gaiagirl said:
Burnished copper planet glowing steadily
from far away in a pool of inky black vastness.
Swirling, wind-whipped leaves crinkling in the quiet
of the all-encompassing nighttime.
Feeling small and afraid and alone,
I breathe deep the night air, lift my right boot,
and push ahead.

Great poem and metaphors! Very descriptive, you should write more peoms. You could have potential.

I can feel it, and I can see it--a true sign that you've done something right! Having recently misplaced something I wrote in one of those moments, I really appreciate your writing and your courage to post. thanks for sharing.

Thank you all for the kind comments .... that was unexpected to say the least. Perhaps I'll keep hiking alone at night as a means to both push past fear and develop a tiny bit of creativity in my writing.

Excellent!

Your *right* boot though? Geez, I'd think it should be your left...

:D

Nice. All trip reports should be this much fun to read...

...and this short. ;)

Steve

alone

did you do this hike alone???if you did then you have claimed your freedom and independence,just what we talked about last sunday... :) :) ;) ;)