Mt. Madison - Tuesday 12/28

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juls

Reaction score
This is the last of the 48's for me but my 3rd attempt at Madison. I want to finish up this year so here I go again! 1st attempt turned back due to illness, 2nd time could not reach summit due to weather. Third should be a charm...there's no stopping me this time. I will conquer this mountain once and for all!! :D If interested in joining let me know.

I was considering doing this on friday - of something happens and you want to try friday - I would be game to join you. I have to work tommorow.

Hey Julie.

Got this late. Couldn't go Tue., but if you end up not going for whatever reason, I can get out Wed. Hope when you get this, you already made it!
I'll take a chance and say CONGRATS! Don't feel bad, Madison was my tough one too. (it took 4 times to summit).

Tom

If anyone is interested in getting out Wed. Let me know. Not sure which one yet. Possibly Waumbek. Need that winter peak.

I finally conquered Madison today under less than desirable conditions. It was quite an experience and worth the wait. There was a lot of snow on the last half mile or so to the hut and strong winds all the way especially at the summit. The snow was the fluffy type which couldn't be packed down making it extremely difficult. This is a hike I will not forgot any time soon. It's only fitting that my last peak be so challenging and memorable.

Tom - We did Waumbek on Sunday. We're doing Tecumseh on Friday, Moosilauke on Saturday and Welch Dickey on Sunday.

Last edited:
That's great girl! Good for you. I'll try to shift my Fri. appt. to Thur. so I can do Tecumseh. Let you know tomorrow.