Mt Moosilauke via the Beaver Brook Stairmaster - 05/24/09

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldMan

Reaction score
I woke up Sunday morning and decided to take in one more peak for the weekend. The weather didn't look great but I was up for a short hike on my way home so I headed over to Moosilauke. LRiz had suggested the Beaver Brook Trail was a great hike and I had not been up that trail before so I headed over there. It hadn't started raining yet so I headed up the trail. The cascades on this trail are really amazing. The trail is steep and had wooden steps and rebar hand holds. About half way up the trail it started to rain so I stopped and put on a shell to stay dry. The rain had pretty much stopped by the time I reached the summit but it was completely clouded in. No views for me today. I fueled up on a peanut butter sandwich before heading back down. As I hit Mt Blue the sky started to blue up (of course) and the clouds blew off Mt Moosilauke. The way down the steeps was more interesting on the wet rocks. I took a good spill on the way down but survived. Here are a few pics from the hike: