Mt Paugus canister

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sherby

Reaction score
Saturday we did a loop over Mount Paugus and Wonalancet Hedgehog (Old paugus trail / Old mast rd.) and after long cold minutes messing around the summit we were unable to find the canister, someone got to it recently ?

Last edited:
i believe paugus is one of those canisters that regularly gets removed. when i was there last year someone had put up a water bottle to act as a jar. i also poked around for a while to find the highpoint. i was sure i had found it and knowing past canisters often disappeared was going to head back to the trail when i happened to walk a bit west and noted a higher knob that held the water bottle and evidence of past canisters (and just generally felt like a summit area). if you think you found the highpoint, but no canister, i would call it good as i would not be at all surprised to hear there wasn't one.

bryan

That's exacly what I told myself to move on :D

If someone has some spare time for removing canisters, I would suggest the fake ones near Whaleback, South, Scar ridge, East and Huntington, East ;)

The true summit of Paugus is quite aways off the trail.This confuses some people as it is on the 52WAV list which supposedly only contains trailed peaks but in a couple cases the listmakers didn't get it quite right.