Mt. Tecumseh, April 21 or 22 day trip

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJH

Reaction score
I know its a few weeks away, but I wanted to send this out early to see if there was any interest. I'm wondering if anyone would want to join me on a day trip of Mt. Tecumseh on either April 21 or 22 ( Thursday or Friday )?
It is one of the many 4000 footers I have left on my all season list.

My plan is to leave home early ( SE Mass ) and begin the hike around 0800 - 0830. Hike at a book time or faster pace, then be back down at the trailhead around 1:00 pm so I can head back and be through Boston prior to the rush hour traffic.

I would have no problem picking someone up if they needed a ride and it was relatively close to I 93 between Boston and the mountain. All gas and tolls will be on me, and I'll even buy you McDonald's for breakfast if you wanted:)

These dates are good for me as long as the weather is reasonable to drive in, ( no rain or snow). Tuesday April 19, most likely could also be an option.

Thanks,

TJH

Last edited:
pay for your gas

My brother used to frequently hike Tecumseh in the spring soon after the ski slope closed. Most years he would hike down the ski slope (rather than the trail) and collect several dollars in bills and a lots of loose change from the the ski trails (mostly under the lifts and other congregating points). Apparently the clientel of the slope had loose pockets. They also would occasionally find other goodies.

He didnt do it for the money, but it was a nice bonus :)

BTW, if the ski area is still open, watch out for the lower section of the trail if there is still snow on it, it is a rather popular off trail ski run without a lot of room to get out of the way.