Mt Waumbek- THEY DID IT 1-06-04

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cruddy Toes

Reaction score
1:45 AM start- light snow
4:15 AM summit of Waumbek
5:37 AM back to cars

and yes, they did Owls Head, Carrigan and Waumbek in a day

Congrats to Frodo and Stinky Feet
10 days 22 hours 37 Minutes
48 NH 4000 footers in WINTER
Amazing

skill, stamina, wisdom, desire, knowledge, faith, luck and determination

Last edited:
Wow. Just ... wow. That is an *incredible* accomplishment. Congratulations to them and to all of their supporting hikers!

This is a feat (feet?) that will truly go down in history.

When Frodo first told me about their impending attempt about 5 weeks ago, I thought they were mad. And they were! And that's one thing I like about this feat. The physical and mental stamina to do this sort of event was outstanding. I am incredibly impressed with their accomplishment and they should feel very proud.
Congratulations to both of you and everyone else who had a hand in the planning, support and encouragement.

JohnL

Yup, what everyone else said...truly amazing. And I think they picked a good winter to make the attempt, with the snow conditions being ideal for fast travel in many cases, and the bitter cold not being an issue either. Surely this record will stand until the Sox win the Series...you 2 should be safe for quite a long time!

max said:
Surely this record will stand until the Sox win the Series...you 2 should be safe for quite a long time!
Making predictions is always dangerous :), but given the excellent conditions it will be a difficult record to break.

Maybe the most amazing thing is that they had the energy to keep going the last day and finish Waumbek instead of getting some sleep, truly amazing after ten days of very hard exertion.