Need someone to do West Bond Sept 11

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian

Reaction score
I have to go to Geneva for a couple of weeks. Had signed up for West Bond on Sept 11 for flags on the 48. No one answers my emails at the flags on the 48 site regarding this issue.

Anyone want to do West Bond and hoist the flag?

Would hate to see it go uncovered.

THanks,

Brian

You didn't get an email back? It was posted there that West Bond needed coverage ... perhaps the reply email didn't make it?

In any case, thanks for posting here about it, and I hope someone can step up to the plate! I was on West Bond for Flags on the 48 last year, and it's a tremendous location to be at for this event, with views all around the Pemi of risen flags.

Thanks Mike,

I didn't even get an email indicating that you have replied to me in this forum (that's why I did it again). The first year I wanted to do West Bond but then I knew I had to go to Geneva. However, a week before the trip it got moved up two days so Mackreth and I went anyways. When we got there, the person who was supposed to cover the peak never showed. It turned out his wife gave birth the night before. So there we were (with no flag) but in beautiful view of all the surrounding flags. So we covered it in spirit.

I will have to check the flags on the 48 site and see if anyone has taken the peak. I hope so!

Brian

re flags

We're thinking of going out that weekend...so if things change and you need someone to do a flag, let us know. Thanks

As of right now, all peaks have folks signed up to bring flags up them. Flags will be flying from all the summits from noon to 2 P.M. on Sept. 11th. So if your hike that day takes you to the summit around that time, be sure to say hello to the flagbearers!!!