NEW ENGLAND FAREWELL TO ALPINISTA and a Boston Beer night!!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I planned on being there, but alas, I am stuck in the office.

And, since I saw the announcement in the paper for the person attempting to fill her boots, I guess she's really going. . . Boo!

Have fun y'al.

I can't gimp my way there, but I hope everyone has a great time. Good luck, Alpinista!

- darren

2000 views about this night in Boston ...I think us NY ers better start showing Alpinista some more respect....start checking the NY bash for her!

Well, it was great seeing so many of you again and meeting some new folks, too (i.e., McRat, Donna, 7 Summits, ChanelGirl). Hope I didn't miss anyone. Sorry I had to run for my bus when things were really starting to heat up!

Lisa - best of luck to you in NYC. We'll miss you up here! Please be sure to stay in touch my friend.

Best regards,
Marty

P.S. SK - good luck with re-entry into the workplace in a couple of weeks, dude.

It was great to see everyone who came out to wish Lisa well!

Here are some pictures from the evening!
:D

Last edited:
Great fun--always good to see folks. Sad to see you go Lisa, but I can only imagine you'll have great fun in NYC. You NY VFTTers better show her a good time!

For anyone wondering about Hooters, the food ain't great and the beer is just OK. ;)

audrey said:
How to put this delicately...MichaelJ, not one resident Hooter pic? Pat's asking.

Ah, poor Pat. Tell him I'm sorry, I have no pics of the residents.

And hats!! Best of luck Lisa! Welcome on board!

Sorry I missed this one! Great pics, MJ, but I agree with Pat! What, no local scenery?

Ken

Seeker said:
For anyone wondering about Hooters, the food ain't great and the beer is just OK. ;)
It's not about the food or BEER!! All about friends*! ;) Lisa, your place should stay in good shape - at least you now have a dust rag!! :eek:

* or would-be friends in slinky, tight-fitting sports attire...

Hey, what's wrong with Chicken wings? We ate about 70 of them :eek:

Good times seeing old and new friends! One nice thing about Hooter's: (besides the 2 obvious ones, you know TV and wings), pitchers of beer are cheap! Bobby, McRat and I made sure that all the glasses were clean before we left. We even had to get a few more pitchers to rinse them out ;)

And I got to see the famous SherpaK towel for the first time! Woo-hoo! :D

It was sad to see Lisa go, another Yankees fan who couldn't make it in the real world and had to limp back to NYC, broken and battered from her attempt. Hopefully, the Red Sox t-shirt will keep her centered and grounded. :)

Have fun in the Big Apple! Don't forget about us!

-dave-

audrey said:
How to put this delicately...MichaelJ, not one resident Hooter pic? Pat's asking.
Tempted to red square Michael J for that faux pas ... I'm with Pat. And a red square for Bubba, too, for that dust rag comment :D

Yeah, this is not the place to go for for healthy nourishing food but 'man cannot live on bread alone'. That is reinforced by the spirit and camaraderie of our lively little group.

Glad I had that sandwich, though ... waiting for the orders of shrimp and chicken was somewhat reminiscent of the wait at the White Wolf many gatherings ago. That was tantamount to whips and chains.

Speaking of leather, it was nice to meet ChanelGirl (pronounced like Chanel # 9 I think). Also nice to meet 7Summits and I'll be long wondering, which ones does she mean?

Thanks everyone for the enjoyable evening and best wishes Lisa ... we understand, we understand how you'll have to maintain this facade of being a Yankee fan, being surrounded by those troglodytes and all, but we understand how, deep down, your unceasing devotion is to Red Sox nation! :p

Another fun evening. Good to see everyone again, and meet a couple of new people. It was especially nice to see SherpaK out and about again. Lisa: We'll miss you.

P.S.--I did try to talk some of the Hooters staff into joining us on our next hike. I don't think they were that interested, however. Also, from what I could observe they did not appear to have appropriate winter hiking clothing.