NH 4000 footers in January

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MonadnockVol

Reaction score
Wanted: Hiking partners for doing one or more NH 4k footers in early January.

Me: 50-year-old, experienced winter hiker, slow-but-steady pace, emphasis on safety and getting back in one piece. Looking for hiking partners, NOT romance, new best friend, roommate, etc. :)

I'm seeking partners with similar goals.

Cheers,
MonadnockVol

Last edited:
We will be working on our Winter 4K list just about every weekend starting Dec 21. If you are interested in the same peaks we are any given weekend, your more than welcome to join us.

One Partner Ready To Go

I to am looking for hiking partner(s) to hike with this winter. I'm 53, experienced winter hiker, move at a moderate pace and will try to hike most weekends starting the end of December, weather permitting.

I'm looking to start with the following, not necessarily in this order

Flume/Liberty
Whiteface/Passaconaway
Garfield
Hancocks

I like to be on the trail by 7:30 am.

If any of these interest you, let me know.

Gary

[email protected]

Dave and Carol White

We are finishing the NH 4K this year. We have the Bonds, Zealand, Owl's Head, and Wildcat A remaining. Let us know when you are interested in these.
Thanks, Dave and Carol White -- slow and steady-pace hikers, same emphasis!
P.S. My book about hiking the Adirondack 46 in winter has just come out, called Women With Altitude - about the few women who have succeeded in that quest. Next book, the men Winter 46ers!

MonadnockVol said:
Wanted: Hiking partners for doing one or more NH 4k footers in early January.

Me: 50-year-old, experienced winter hiker, slow-but-steady pace, emphasis on safety and getting back in one piece. Looking for hiking partners, NOT romance, new best friend, roommate, etc. :)

I'm seeking partners with similar goals.

Cheers,
MonadnockVol

Carol White said:
P.S. My book about hiking the Adirondack 46 in winter has just come out, called Women With Altitude - about the few women who have succeeded in that quest. Next book, the men Winter 46ers!

Ooh! I'd better hurry and finish! :D

Or, is this book going to be about those who have already finished up to a certain point, like the 'Women' book ?

I'll be looking for folks to carpool and hike with on various weekends throughout winter. I haven't done extensive winter hiking, though I've done some. I am however very experienced in the other seasons and have completed the 48 as well as lots of other great peaks in New England.

My pace? Your pace! I can go pretty dang fast or I can move at a glacial pace. I go whatever speed my partner(s) are going. Who I get there with (if I get there) is more important to me than how fast I get there though, safety is my chief concern.

I, and several fiftysomethings, are doing Gray Knob on Friday night if you are interested. We hope to get Adams & Jefferson during the trip. If the weather cooperates, we might even get Washington.

Carol White said:
We are finishing the NH 4K this year. We have the Bonds, Zealand, Owl's Head, and Wildcat A remaining. Let us know when you are interested in these.
Thanks, Dave and Carol White -- slow and steady-pace hikers, same emphasis!
Slight threadjacking:

Hi Carol,
I met you and your husband on 11/12 as I was coming down Phelps in the ADKs - you guys were going up with the ADK club and I talked with you folks for a little while. I actually did end up going and getting your Catskills guide since I really want to explore them this winter.
Thanks!
Doug

Except for the Gathering weekend, I'm hoping to do quite a few NH 4Ks this winter, with a focus on those I haven't climbed in the summer, either. I've climbed the northern Prezzies in winter, but not Washington and south.

Oh, mid 50s and another "moderate", especially going uphill. ;)

Somehow I don't think you'll be lacking for hiking companions!

MOnadnock Vol,

51 Year old same goals! SOLO trained so safety is key! I'm planning on kicking up work on my winter list (15 complete)and finising my all season (12 left) this winter.

Definately interested! I'm up to mondadnock quite often when scheduling doesn;t allow the 4 hour drive to the whites, be glad to hitch up at the big M some time also.

I am guessing that there are many like us who need winter hiking partners! The best thing to do is post your trip under "Trips & Events" and coordinate it there. I would love to join in on a northern winter presi trip or a slog to either Owls head or isolation. I am not in my 50's yet but should be able to keep up with you guys!

re winter hikes

We aren't 50 yet, but are going to try and get out to work on our winter peaks. We haven't done alot of winter hiking because of all the extra gear required but last year did a couple and are hoping to go out with others to do some more...

Jasonst said:
I am guessing that there are many like us who need winter hiking partners! The best thing to do is post your trip under "Trips & Events" and coordinate it there. I would love to join in on a northern winter presi trip or a slog to either Owls head or isolation. I am not in my 50's yet but should be able to keep up with you guys!

By all means please do post trips. Also, Sunday's are a must for the time being for me.