NH(48) in 7 days

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrazyDave

Reaction score
I'm looking for some people to join me in Hiking the NH (48) 4,000 footers in a week. I have one person that looks like he will be joining me. But it's not completely confirmed that he is. And I do have another person that has confirmed doing Day 1 with me. I plan to start the Hike on July 15th and finish it on July 21st. Below is the itenerary that I worked out. If you are interested in this let me know!

NH - White Mountain Hiking Adventure

Day 1, July 15th (9 4K's) Isolation, Jackson, Pierce, Eisenhower, Monroe, Washington, Jefferson, Adams, & Madison.
33.9 miles - approx. 12,000 FT Elevation Gain

Day 2, July 16th (6 4K's) Wildcat, Wildcat D, Carter Dome, South Carter, Middle Carter, & Moriah.
22.5 miles - approx. 10,000 FT Elevation Gain

Day 3, July 17th (9 4K's) , ,Hale, Zealand,Bond, West Bond,Boncliff, South Twin, North Twin, Galehead, & Owl's Head.
37.8 miles - approx. 9,000 FT Elevation Gain Longest day but has 8 mile flat finish

Day 4, July 18th (8 4K's) Flume, Liberty, Lincoln, Lafayette,Garfield , Cannon.South Kinsman, North Kinsman,

30.6 miles - 9,900 FT

Day 5, July 19th (7 4K's) Tecumseh, Osceola, East Osceola, North Tripyramid, Middle Tripyramid, Whiteface, & Passaconaway.

<>24.8 miles - approx. 8,000 FT Elevation Gain

Day 6, July 20th (4 4K's) Willey, Field, Tom, Cabot, Waumbek,

23.5 miles - approx. 7,900 FT Elevation Gain

Day 7, July 21st (4 4K's) Moosilauke, Handcock, & South Handcock.& Carrigain
C
27.2 miles - approx. 8,350 FT Elevation Gain

:eek: :cool: :cool: :)

That looks like fun! I'd love to join you, but I have family plans and will be closing on my new house that week.

Best of luck to you! Looks like a good time.

Holy cow! You might get in touch with folks like Tim Seaver, Stinkyfeet or Frodo. I'd add Cath G. to that list but her busy summer schedule makes it hard for her to get away for few hours, much less a day.

I'd like to join you, sounds fun, but that's the same week my kids and I are doing our Himalaya Traverse, 'bagging' the peaks from Everest to K2 (inclusive). It's a school project for the fourth & fifth grades.

Maybe we could do the Pacific Crest Trail on Labor Day.

Hope you're more successful in this venture than the snowshoes ones....

I still have those snow shoes that didn't work for me at all. This weekend I'm going to do the CT AT. That will give me a idea of what shape I'm in. I have the endurance, but if we get some super hot days I might have leg cramps.

Best of luck on your 48 in 7, CrazyDave!

You might have a hard time rounding up any takers for such a project on such short notice, but it's worth a shot. I hope you get a good weather window and are able to pull it off :)

Thanks Tim - I'm going to try an get 60 miles in this weekend and see how I hold up. I think I'll be fine, it's the really hot days slow me down. I'm just doing this NH(48) event as a personal Challege. I like to push myself well beyond my comfort zone from time to time.

I would go, in fact it sounds too easy, but I have to wash my hair that week.

Pig Pen said:
I would go, in fact it sounds too easy, but I have to wash my hair that week.
Dave's not kidding.
Everything I try to do now is to get to the point where I could seriously contemplate an attempt like this.
No harm in setting high goals, regardless.

Hey, me too! My itinerary is slightly lower, however :D :D

NH - White Mountain Hiking Adventure

Day 1, July 15th (1 4K) Moriah.
10.6 miles - approx. 4,000 FT Elevation Gain

Day 2, July 16th (0 4k's) Sleep
0 miles - approx. 0 FT Elevation Gain

Day 3, July 17th (0 4K's) Work

Day 4, July 18th (0 4K's) Work

Day 5, July 19th (0 4K's) Work

Day 6, July 20th (0 4K's) Work

Day 7, July 21st (0 4K's) Work

Seriously, have a great adventure, but this is something totally out of my league!!!!

I see people are having fun with this Tread, but I am completely serious about doing this event. And think that I will be able to pull it off. I'm able to get by with very little sleep, and can Hiking for endless miles. There are a number of people on this site that can do this event just by pushing themselves a little beyond their comfort zone.

I'm hoping for at least 2 to join me, so we will be in good shape with the car spots.

Doing the same thing!!!

I'm planning on doing the same thing just the week before you i should be finishing on the 15th. Where you're just starting it'll be a good way for me to finish.

CrazyDave said:
I see people are having fun with this Tread, but I am completely serious about doing this event. And think that I will be able to pull it off. I'm able to get by with very little sleep, and can Hiking for endless miles. There are a number of people on this site that can do this event just by pushing themselves a little beyond their comfort zone.

I'm hoping for at least 2 to join me, so we will be in good shape with the car spots.

Dave, really just joshin' around. No malice intended.

I wish you all the luck, but this isn't my cup of tea.

Best of luck, Brother! I wish I could get my mind in shape enough to even consider thinking about getting my body in shape enough to dream about attempting such a thing. Oh, no! Now I'm starting to get down on myself. I see that reading this thread is going to cost me a few grand in therapy sessions with the shrink. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Anyway, it sounds doable the way you have it laid out. Enjoy "The Zone" when your body, mind and soul click into it. My best wishes to you and anyone who joins you.