No recuerdo...waterfall and hike help!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbrown

Reaction score
Ok, I know that many of you on here are much more familiar with obscure hiking areas than the average human. Years ago, I went hiking with some cousins, I think it was in the southern ADKs, I'll describe the place.

I'll use directions to clarify, but this is not the actual orientation of the place. When you pull into the parking area from the south at the trailhead, there is a river to the west parallel to the access road flowing north to south. Looking at the beginning of the trail from the north side of the parking lot, there is a bridge to cross over a smaller river entering from the east which empties into the river to the west. The trail follows along the east bank of the larger river. After a little while, a suspension bridge crosses the river and the trail ascends a hill, descends the other side and eventually reaches a small lake which is roughly NNW from where the bridge was. Going back to the parking lot, when standing facing the bridge with the larger river on the west and the smaller river coming in from the east, there is a footpath that follows the south bank of the smaller river that leads to a beutiful waterfall which ends in a large slide emptying into a big deep pool.

I have wracked my brain and my cousin's brains, but we can't remember where this was. I'm sure if I heard the name I would recognize it.

Soooo, does anyone have any ideas? Like I said, I think it may have been the southern Adirondacks, but I think we had to drive somewhere near Hinckley. Whatever, if anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.