"Nouveau Chic" Lodge..Chic Choc Mnts, Que

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spider solo

Reaction score
"Quebec gets it's first true backcountry lodge"
Thats how Canada's Outdoor Magazine "Explore" describes it.
Has anybody seen it yet ??
This is a big money lodge accessible by snowcat from Cap Chat (2hrs.)

There is a long tradition of backcountry skiing the hut system in Parc de la Gaspesie and I am thinking it near Mt Collins just out side the Parc.
We have hiked the area a couple of years ago and heard rumors it would be built.

I'm wondering if it is year round or winter only ...not that I'm planning to stay there ...but I'm curious what it's all about.
I would imagine Plien Aire mag probably has written about it...but, my French is... how do you say?...not so good.
thanks

thanks

Thanks for the link...it is were I thought it might be... the section of the International Appalachian Trail leading to Parc de Gaspesie near Mt Logan.
We will hike in this summer to take a look at it, as we go to Reserve Matane each year these past few years for wildlife observation.

Reserve Faunique Matane has been updating and adding new cabins which we've had the pleasure to try from time to time.
They have made quite an effort to draw in the tourist dollar which is pretty remarkable for a place which is known for it's hunting and logging.

Going there for wildlife observations is increasing becoming a more accepted reason for being out in the back country and not quite the oddity that it once was.
I think the SIA/IAT going through there has been a big help as well...