NYC Get Together?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffAndrews

Reaction score
The NH and Boston beer and drinks nights have got me feeling a little left out. Okay, a lot left out.

Are there enough VFTTers in the NYC area for our own get together for drinks?

Is there any interest?

JeffAndrews said:
The NH and Boston beer and drinks nights have got me feeling a little left out. Okay, a lot left out.

Are there enough VFTTers in the NYC area for our own get together for drinks?

Is there any interest?

It's been done before.

If you go to Chelsea Brewing Company, I might just show up!

Views and Brews hike anyone ? :D :D

We have had a pretty active group of 3 or 4 that generally meets once a month (except for summer). When I get back (I'm on vacation) I'll try to organize something. Search on [Get-together NYC] and you'll see a few threads from last season.

Glad there's some interest form some new folks.

I'm done with teaching for the forseeable future, so my evenings are free for the first time in who knows how long. I've been coming to this site for 4 years now, and I haven't met a single person other than swamp.

Edit: Just wanted to throw in that Tuesday's and Thursday's are best for me. (The days that the boss makes me come in to the office!)

Last edited:
I would like to meet more VFTT'ers. We have had some good times at other NYC gatherings so count me in.

Perhaps we could convince some more upstaters to come down for a visit, maybe even some of those people from NJ as well. I'm always up for meeting more outdoors people.

I'm just about to take off to the Catskills for another round of unsung peaks off the beaten path. I hope everyone has a good weekend. Fred

Last edited:
get together NYC

you can count on Karl and I!!!
Have a great hiking weekend everyone

Beer in NYC. Count me in. Chelsea Brewing Company looks pretty slick.

I'll be in NYC Tues thru Sunday.

It just so happens I'll be in NYC 9/6-9/12 for work. Chelsea Brewing Company looks like a fine place to camp out in during my stay. I'm not very knowledgeable about the City, so any place recommended by the VFTT community must be OK. :rolleyes:

NYBRAD said:
It just so happens I'll be in NYC 9/6-9/12 for work. Chelsea Brewing Company looks like a fine place to camp out in during my stay. I'm not very knowledgeable about the City, so any place recommended by the VFTT community must be OK. :rolleyes:

If anyone wants to do a 'hike' while we're in NYC, you can get Views and Brews credit.

See my sig...

I'd be game and would love to go but I HATE to drive in the into the city! Would anyone be going by me to get there and be willing to pick me up on the way through? I live 15 minutes south of Worcester

This Thursday from 5:00 till whenever

OK, there's plenty of interest. We usually do Thursday nights so let's hit Chelsea Brewery on this Thursday, September 8th. The following week is too close to the Vermont Gathering, so let's just do it this week. Don't worry if you miss this one, we usually do it monthly. I'll get there by 5:00 PM and stake out some territory.

Come early, come late. I'll stay till at least 7:00 PM. People who want dinner can eat there, but I expect I'll just have a few cold ones and then walk home (eat your hearts out you commuters!)

VFTT NYC Get-together

Chelsea Brewing Company

Pier 59 on the Hudson (near 20th Street)

Early arrivals: 5:00 PM - look for me.

What do I look like? I look like this! But I promise I'll wear long pants!

If you are coming, please RSVP and tell approximately when you might arrive. Late arrivals are welcome - we'll still be there!

Sorry Tom, this time I'm just drinking, not hiking.

Last edited:
I'll do my best, I'm not to familiar with the city though, And a little worried about my company vehicle, but it sounds like a "good old time" to me. I hope to get out of work by 7pm. Is there parking? ,and about how long will it take from the Ramada in Yonkers?

That Brew&View sounds like a blast! What a riot.

I look like this, but I promise I won't bring the 30 below zero weather with me. :D

Last edited:
crystaljc said:
I'd be game and would love to go but I HATE to drive in the into the city! Would anyone be going by me to get there and be willing to pick me up on the way through? I live 15 minutes south of Worcester

I know what you mean, I hate to drive into the city as well though I have done it often. If no one is driving down from Mass. you could take a bus in, it would be easy to get to the bar from the Port Authority.

Just got back from the Catskills and am looking forward to this get together.:)

Thanks for organizing this, Papa Bear! I will be there, will probably arrive sometime between 5:30 and 6 depending on how crazy work is on Thursday.

NYBRAD - there is parking at Chelsea Piers. Here is a link to directions and rates: http://www.chelseapiers.com/directions.htm

It is a straight shot down the Saw Mill Parkway to the West Side Highway, but with NYC traffic it is hard to guess how long it will take. You could also leave the car in Yonkers and take Metro North into the city.

JeffAndrews said:
Thanks for organizing this, Papa Bear! I will be there, will probably arrive sometime between 5:30 and 6 depending on how crazy work is on Thursday. ... .
Jeff
There does not seem to be any early arrivers, so let's just meet at 6:00. I don't want to drink by myself for an hour.

Attention everyone: I will be getting there at 6:00 PM, not 5:00.