old gear dumping?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello again, I am fortunate to be an assistant scoutmaster/outdoor advisor to my local boy scout troop. The boys in the troop are quite accomplished for their age as rock climbers, hikers, paddlers and mountaineers. Some have bought their own gear, others are using what we have in our newly formed "gear room", and the rest borrow my surplus or rent.

I occasionally make a plea for gear. There have been a few VFTTers who have been more than generous and we are tremendousely thankful! Our troop is doubling this spring and we could use more of a gear room to get some of these guys outfitted.

So here goes...

Seeing that it is Christmas/Hannuka time, I am hopeful that many of you find presents awaiting of new gear. If you do, and you need to say good bye to that old whatever and it's in decent shape, we would be thrilled to assist you :)

Please PM me if you wish to contribute.

Thank you and happy Holidays!!!

FOB,

I am denleader for my Tiger Cubs group.
Check out alps mountaineering dot com (If you haven't already). They have a 45% discount on all backpacking and car camping gear for scouts. They make a lot of gear that is probably comparable with Eureka, except beefier hardware for scout abuse.

45% you say? Across the board for allproducts to scout units?
That's great deal on the tents.
Thanks for the heads up, I was not aware.

Coleman

Coleman gives an excellent discount to Scouts. I can't remember is the exact %. Check them out at Wrentham Outlet Village of I-495. Probably more suited for car camping than backpacking, but items like their Peak 1 stoves are great for hard use by groups.