Open Invitation - NE 4K's and NEHH Finishes

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleBear

Reaction score
I was a bit hesitant to post this just yet since my finishing these lists is contingent upon a successful trip to Baxter this weekend (pray for good weather). But I wanted to put this out here, so that if folks are interested, they can pencil in the date(s).

Tentative plans are as follows:

Finish the NE4K's on Camel's Hump on Sunday, September 14th.

Finish the NEHH on Baldpate on Saturday, October 4th (with a possible rain date of the 5th).

This is an open invitation to anyone who wishes to join me for one or both of these hikes as I celebrate the completion of these lists.

Wish me luck this weekend as I attempt North and South Brother, Coe and Fort. More details regarding start times, etc. will follow once this Baxter trip is in the books.

Yippee!!!! I'm finally finishing!!!! :) :) :)

Little Bear

Kris- Can't make the 9/14 trip but will try and join you in October on Baldpate- pending confirm of the date. Enjoy Baxter this weekend!

Can't make either, but wish you the best of luck and weather! Baxter will be awesome, enjoy!

Kris -
Wow - that is awesome - I will not be able to do those dates either, but wish I could...if there is a slight chance I will let you know. :)
Enjoy BSP - I am hoping to be there soon too!

Kris - best of luck to you on your remaining two. I saw yours and Craig's entry on the Dorset register recently :cool:

There is a slight chance I can join you on Baldpate. That is a real gem and I would love to do that one over. Will be in touch if I can be able to join you.

Hope all is well.

Marty

Weather is looking pretty good for this weekend in Baxter. I will confirm my final dates next week once we return.

Marty - I hope you can join me for Baldpate.

Sapblatt - here's hoping your schedule will change to open up one of those dates. It's your turn to carry the single malt! :p

Tucco - glad you will be able to make it.

MJ - sorry your schedule won't allow you to join me - but thanks so much for the inside info on my hike this weekend! ;)

Audrey - looking forward to having you and Pat and the wonderdog Genie join me at the end of my quest! :D

Film at 11

Little Bear

Ah-ha! I'm fondling the idea of joining you on the Hump as I will be over in LP for a fall outing. Considering that I have 'saved you' in the mtns on more than one occasion... it might be appropriate for me to be there ;) I'm not sure I have the right thing to wear?? :eek: I don't have a leather apron at the moment!

Baxter Successful - the end is in sight!

Well, we were successful in Baxter (almost walked away from Fort, though)! So - the plan is this: Camel's Hump on Sunday, September 14th (I don't have a rain date for this one). I don't have my guide books with me right now, so I will post more info regarding times and trails later. I guess there are a couple of ways up Camel's Hump - if anyone has a suggestion for which is the "best" way - please let me know.

Camel's Hump will be my last NE 4K peak!!!!!

Then.... for my finish of the NEHH - Baldpate on Saturday, October 4th (with a rain date of Sunday, October 5th). Again, more info on a start time later.

Looking forward to finishing both lists!

LittleBear

p.s. Bubba - I will bring the apron :D

We had a change in our plans and won't be around until the next weekend (or I was brain-dead and didn't look at the calendar correctly on the first read :confused: ).

So... looks like I won't be able to cheer you on for the NE4K! Congrats on the Baxter trip and finishing up. Maybe I'll get there for Baldpate, but I know nothing about that place, hike, etc. (willing to learn)

Camel's Hump this Sunday

Okay - here are the details for my finish of the NE 4K's on Camel's Hump.

The plan is to meet at the Monroe Trailhead Sunday (9/14) between 8 and 8:30 am (hoping to be hiking by 8:30). Right now the weather looks to be good - let's hope it stays that way.

Anyone who can join me is welcome!

LittleBear

Hey LittleBear!

Nice running into you at Baxter...glad your trip to Fort was successful :) You guys were smart to be wearing long pants...my legs are still recovering from all the scratches and bruises!

-MEB

Down to one left!!!

Okay - I successfully completed the NE 4K on Sunday, September 14th, on Camel's Hump. As has been the case this year, we hiked under the threat of rain and were in the clouds most of the day. NO VIEWS!!! VERY WINDY!!! In fact, we approached the summit from the south and were practically blown UP to the top. Whew! Enjoyed champagne at the top (thanks, TeeJay) - although the bottle had gotten so bounced around that I wore most of it when the cork came off and there was less than 1/5 of it left.

So..... here's the plan for my 100th NEHH: Baldpate on Saturday, October 4th. Whoever can join me is welcome. We plan on getting to the trailhead in Grafton Notch State Park around 8 am. I really don't want to end my quest in the fog and rain, so if the weather doesn't cooperate, we will hike this on Sunday the 5th instead. I will post a "go" or "no" on the Friday before.

Pray for good weather. I have only done 2 hikes this year with clear skies and lots of sun. Most of the hikes this summer have been in the rain, under the threat of rain, in the clouds, or in or under the threat of thunderstorms. It's time for some perfect fall hiking weather!!!!!